Did you know…
- 1$ out of every $10 Americans spend for food goes to packaging
- Most cars on U.S. roads carry only one person. We have so much extra room in our 140 million cars that everyone in western Europe could ride with us.
- Allowing you car to idle for 10 seconds uses more gasoline that turning your car off, then on again.
- If every family reused a paper grocery bag for one shopping trip, about 60,000 trees could be saved.
- When retailers give away free bags, their cost is passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices.
- Recycling helps us reduce our reliance on foreign oil by saving energy.
- A national recycling rate of %30 reduces greenhouse gas emissions as much as removing nearly 25 million cars from the road.
- American shoppers use nearly 1 trillion plastic bags a year which are made from an estimated 12 million barrels of oil.